[postgis-users] PostGIS in Canada and British Columbia

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Mon Mar 25 11:07:32 PST 2002

As many of you may have noticed in my last MapServer posting, I'm trying to
get an idea for Canadian and Regional (BC) use of this most excellent
technology.
I'd love to touch base with anyone who may be planning to use PostGIS in a
similar manner or maybe even for Resource Management specifically.
Others may find it productive to know what kind of applications you are
hoping to use the technology for. Then likeminded groups could touch base
with each other if desired.

We are a forest management company in Williams Lake, B.C. and we've got
tons of distributed data throughout our Region.  I'm hoping to serve up our
spatial data and hopefully via web feature server functionality, open up
the possibility for distributed management and editing of data.

Tyler J. Mitchell
Coordinator - Geographic Information Systems
Lignum Ltd - 180 Hodgson Road
Williams Lake, B.C. Canada
V2G 3P6
Phone: 250-392-3371