[postgis-users] Re: [postgis] postgis and sgi irix 5.3

Jiøí Kastner kastner.j at supp.cz
Tue Mar 26 01:30:06 PST 2002

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:18:14 -0800
Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:

> This is an unfortunate consequence of one of the quirks of our office,
> I think. Dave tests his code on Solaris, but edits it using MicroSoft
> Wordpad (go figure) off an SMB share. As a result, our code is riddled
> with carriage returns. Solaris and Linux gcc seem to ignore them.
> Apparently your IRIX does not. What version of gcc are you using?
> Could an upgrade perhaps help things?

i have ansi c compiler from sgi ido (integr. devel. option cd), i
think, this is version 5.xx, i'm able to compile postgresql only with
ansi c compiler, not with gcc 2.95.3 (through problems with assembler
part of code for mips r3000 - i have mips r4600). so, removing <cr> from
text, i will be able to compile postgis?

jiri

--
jiri kastner
statni ustav pamatkove pece