[postgis-users] Linebreaks in postgis.sql

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Mar 26 15:20:44 PST 2002

Yeah well just don't ask me to reproduce it!  Arg.
Do you have any plans to add searching to the mailing list archive?  I'm
sure others have went through the same simple problems as me and I don't
want to waste your time.
I'm trying to run postgis.sql.  I've plpgsql install okay, but I just get a
whack of *ABORT STATE* stuff.  It seems like I get off to bad start with
this:

CREATE FUNCTION POSTGIS_VERSION() returns char
as 'select \'0.6\'::char as version'
LANGUAGE 'sql';

ERROR:  value too long for type character(1)
psql:postgis2.sql:24: ERROR:  value too long for type character(1)

Any guidance?

                    Paul Ramsey
                    <pramsey at refractions.net>               To:
                    Sent by:                                 postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
                    postgis-users-admin at postgis.refra       cc:
                    ctions.net                              Fax to:
                                                            Subject:     Re: [postgis-users]
                                                             Linebreaks in postgis.sql
                    03/26/2002 03:11 PM
                    Please respond to postgis-users

It's not just you, they're really there, and may be a bigger problem
than we thought. Should not cause a parse error though, since we have a
pure linux environment too (and solaris) and get no problems from those
SQL files.

P.

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> Is it just me or does the CVS version of postgis.sql have dos version
> linefeeds?
> I've been trying to figure out why I get a parse error running the file,
> yet can manually enter in the commands okay.
> Is there something I should change in my setup.  I'm using a strict linux
> box for the development.
>
> Tyler

      __
     /