[postgis-users] OGR2OGR Uppercase/Lowercase

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Thu Nov 21 15:58:58 PST 2002

> >        Seriously, we should implement a "strongly cased" and "weakly cased" option
> > for shp2pgsql.  This way everyone can be happy.
>
> Yes, that would be The Right Thing.
> And that should be done also for the mapserv module
> (maybe at compile time in this case)

I think it would be best in the layer object (ie. in the map file).  I ideally, it would
be great to have:

LAYER
      connectiontype postgis
      case [ignore|strict]
END

But, I dont think they will want to put that in for *all* layer types.

An alternative would be:
LAYER
      connectiontype [postgis_ignorecase|postgis_strictcase|postgis]
END

I dont think a compile time option is a good idea because most people are using a
pre-compiled version anyways.

I guess we should move this discussion  to the mapserver developers list.

dave