[postgis-users] Spatial operators

Luis Mota luis.mota at iscte.pt
Thu Oct 10 10:14:13 PDT 2002

Thanks.

What I am trying to do is to find i if a point is to the left or right
of a linestring... Which is a tricky question... The problem is that I
have some zip-code data (from a third party) which is coded as sth like
left_zip and right_zip. As I am trying to get the address of a point, I
need to find if this point lies on the left or right... I am assuming
that these left/right concepts are valid when you look 'from' the
startpoint 'to' the endpoint of the linestring...

For now, I suspect that these spatial operators are of no use in this
case... I will have to deal with this in a different way... Any suggestions?

Bye, Luís