[postgis-users] configure error

Roland Forster roland.forster at knuut.de
Tue Oct 22 03:57:21 PDT 2002

Hello,

I tried to configure postgis like it is explained in "The NON-UNIX User's
Guide to Installing PostGIS on Windows".
PostgreSQL was installed as a service and runs.
The source code of PostgreSQL is also installed.
And gcc, gcc2, gcc-mingw are available.

When I try to configure the following message returns:

postgres at ROCKY /usr/src/postgresql-7.2.2-1
$
./configure --enable-multibyte --with-CXX --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --
docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-$version
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking which template to use... win
checking whether to build with locale support... no
checking whether to build with recode support... no
checking whether to build with multibyte character support... yes, default
SQL_A
SCII
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for default soft limit on number of connections... 32
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
using CFLAGS=-O2
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

Does anyone knows what's going wrong?