[postgis-users] configure error

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Tue Oct 22 05:26:15 PDT 2002

Armin Burger writes

> is the cygipc ipc-daemon running correctly? If I remeber well,
> I once got a similar error when cygipc was not started.

AFAIK cygipc shouldn't need to be running to make an
executable,  and it must be started or else PostgreSQL
wouldn't be up and running.

But your post did jog my mind :-)

Armin

Does the user postgres at ROCKY have sufficient privilige to
create executables in /usr/src/postgresql-7.2.2-1 ??

As I mentioned in my earlier post 'ntsec' is now turned on by
default and is strictly enforced !

Try building again after logging in as a user with sufficient privelige

If 'ntsec' doesn't mean anything to you see
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html

HTH

Norman

> > I tried to configure postgis like it is explained in "The NON-UNIX
User's