[postgis-users] MULTIPOINT

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 25 08:15:32 PDT 2002

Guys,

I was wondering, what is the proper form for MULTIPOINT() geometries in
PostGIS?

The SFSQL spec's BNF implies MULTIPOINT((1 2), (3 4)) (that is each point
is bracketed) while the example shows MULTIPOINT(1 2, 3 4).  I coded to the
example, but have received clarification from the spec author that the BNF
is correct and the example is wrong.  So I am fixing OGR (though I will
consume both forms).  I just want to ensure that PostGIS supports the correct
form.

Likewise, JTS if it has a WKT ingestor .. I haven't looked at it yet.

Best regards,