[postgis-users] Postgis Installation on windows question

Riyaz Prasla riyazprasla at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 12:37:14 PDT 2002

Hello,
   I am trying to install Postgis 0.7.2 on
Postgresql7.2.3 on WinXP under cygwin. cygwin comes
with Postgresql installed and I have postgresql
running on cygwin but now when I want to install
postgis where do i keep postgis tar file(I mean where
is the contrib directory of Postgresql or where should
I find postgresql root directory as postgis has to be
installed under it). I tried to make a contrib
directory under /usr/doc/postgresql-7.2.3 and then
tried to run the postgis make file but it gave me an
error. Any tips from anyone who might have installed
postgis on cygwin?

Thanks in advance.

Riyaz.