[postgis-users] msPOSTGISLayerCLose() called twice

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Wed Aug 13 10:29:06 PDT 2003

>   msLayerOpen()
>   msLayerWhichItems()  (this one is internal, it doesn't call postgis)
>   msLayerWhichShapes()
>   iterate on msLayerNextShape() until all shapes have been read
>   msLayerClose()

Hum - thats what I thought it would do.  It appears to be doing
something like this:

msLayerOpen()         -- open postgis layer
msLayerWhichShapes()  -- do query by rect (with FILTER from qstring)
msLayerClose()

msLayerOpen()

iterate on msLayerNextShape()
	+ call: msLayerGetShape(record #)
until all shapes have been read (only get geometry and record #)

msLayerClose()

msLayerOpen()
msLayerWhichItems()

iterate on msLayerNextShape()
	+ call: msLayerGetShape(record #)
until all shapes have been read (get geometry and all the attributes)

msLayerClose()

I'm unclear on why the middle msLayerGetShape(record #) series is pulled
since its redundant.

dave