[postgis-users] error running postgis.sql

Chris Faulkner chrisf at oramap.com
Wed Aug 20 05:14:17 PDT 2003

Hello

I have successfully built, installed postgres 7.3.2 and postgis 0.7.5. I am
using the template1 database, createlang worked OK.

When I run postgis.sql, I get this

ERROR - stat failed on file '$libdir/libpostgis... '

when it is running the first 2d histogram CREATE FUNCTION command in
postgis.sql.

The shared library it wants is installed, within a location on the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH when I started postmaster and psql.

Is $libdir a built-in variable. How and when is it set ?

Thanks

Chris Faulkner