[postgis-users] unable to make postgresql 7.2.3: please help

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Mon Aug 25 16:39:33 PDT 2003

Venu Kanaparthy  writes:
  I have installed postgressql 7.3.4 successfully using  cygwin but could
not get it to
  integrate with  postgis-0.7.5. Some where on the list, it was said that
postgis is not
  fully integrated with latest version of postgresql.

  Then i started installing  version 7.2.3 of postgresql. I got the
following error while
  trying to make. any help is appreciated.

  < please try to post the minimal make output inorder to see the error >

  $ cd /usr/share/postgresql-7.2.3

   make[4]: Entering directory
`/usr/share/postgresql-7.2.3/src/backend/storage/ipc
  '

gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../../src/
incl
  ude -I/usr/local/include -DBUILDING_DLL=1  -c -o ipc.o ipc.c
  cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
"/usr/local/include"
  cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
  ipc.c: In function `InternalIpcSemaphoreCreate':
  ipc.c:271: warning: implicit declaration of function `semget'
  ipc.c:271: `IPC_CREAT' undeclared (first use in this function)

  You need to install the IPC package

  see the postgres docs in
  $CYG_ROOT/usr/docs/Cygwin/postgresql-$VER.README
  or
  http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.2.3.README

  and
  http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/cygipc/