[postgis-users] PostGIS Usage Survey

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Feb 3 15:42:36 PST 2003

PostGIS'ers:

The time has come again for my annual query of our list. The last time I
asked this, about a year ago, there were ~130 people on the list. This
time, there are ~260 people. So by one metric at least we are growing
quickly in numbers. We also have ~350 source code downloads a month
these days, up from ~120 a year ago.

Anyhow, the question is this:

   "How are you using PostGIS in your organization?"

I am preparing for an "Open Source in Government" conference in
Washington DC, and would like to be able to point out some use cases of
PostGIS in action.

If you could say in your response, at a minimum:

- Name of the organization
- Data being managed in the database
- How the data is being accessed / manipulated
- Why you chose to use PostGIS for the application

Thanks so much!

Paul

--
       __