[postgis-users] 0.7.4 Release

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Feb 12 19:14:07 PST 2003

PostGIS'ers,

Since more and more new users seem to be trying to use the release
version with PostgreSQL 7.3.X, I have created a new release version
0.7.4 which includes support for that PgSQL version. It also includes
the several fixes to shp2pgsql which have occurred since the last
official release. Spatial index selectivity is included as well, though
that is pretty hard to figure out until we add the documentation. Dave
explained it thoroughly on this list, for those who are interested
(search for "selectivity" in the archives and read the Makefile carefully).

The next release should be 0.8.0 which will include real spatial
predicates, based on the GEOS library (geos.refractions.net). Before
that major release, there will be a testing period where we will be
asking folks to make use of the CVS version and exercise the predicates
and the build system.

P.

--
       __