[postgis-users] RE: MI-L Off Topic: ham radio modeling over open source

Juanse georef at tie.cl
Wed Feb 19 09:48:21 PST 2003

Cameron

1.- That was a good answer, that I really appreciatte, and as I am not an
engenieer just a geographer (that skiped because of work abroad the last
physics module at university: Ondas, Waves?) so no idea at the moment what
is the implication of the up to 14 dB of error in our arrangement. I will
have to discuss with the rest of the team which way to proceed.

2.- I think my question and the answer might bother other members of the
lists, so we might keep the comunications between us and I summaryze at the
end.

3.- My basic question is still open, how can i get USGS DEM or SDTS DEM data
starting with topographic (contour lines) data, having at hand
postgis/mapserver, mapinfo/verticall?. Basically all the softwares seen uses
as input data for modeling terrain DEM in USGS data format.

Juanse
temuko-Chile