[postgis-users] Cygwin / PostgreSQL / PostGIS installation

Henry Holland hjholland at gmx.net
Tue Feb 25 03:18:12 PST 2003

Okay, I've created a table or two, imported a shape file etc. and it
seems to be working. I've also compiled it with Proj4 and statistics.
For Proj4 one must remember to change the following line in the postgis
makefile as well:

#---------------------------------------------------------------
# Add libraries that libpq depends (or might depend) on into the
# shared library link.  (The order in which you list them here doesn't
# matter.)
#SHLIB_LINK=$(filter -L%, $(LDFLAGS))
ifeq ($(USE_PROJ),1)
      SHLIB_LINK=$(filter -L%, $(LDFLAGS)) -L$(PROJ_DIR)/lib -lproj
../../src/backend/libpostgres.a

else
      SHLIB_LINK=$(filter -L%, $(LDFLAGS))
../../src/backend/libpostgres.a
endif

All the 'undefined...' warnings seem to come from the fact that the
loader can't get to the libpostgres.a library.

Cheers,
Henry