[postgis-users] Using OGR2OGR to export postgis data to other mapinfo

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at ci.boston.ma.us
Wed Jun 11 07:16:22 PDT 2003

Frank,

Thanks that worked and dumps out the tab file now. Now I feel kind of stupid
for such a simple solution.

There is one other problem, which I haven't figured out why it is happening.
For certain tables with spatial fields, it doesn't generate anything.  I
thought maybe it had to do with the geometry_columns table not having a
record for a particular table - but doesn't work for some of those either.
I'm still trouble-shooting that.

It also doesn't seem to work for views - even if I put in an entry in
geometry_columns, although this could be related to problem above.

Now my final question -- If I have two spatial fields in a table -- is there
anyway to denote which spatial field to dump out or would I need to
explicitly specify it in the
-select option field list?