[postgis-users] stat failed on file '$libdir/postgis.dll': No such file or directory

Mike Leahy mgleahy at fes.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jun 13 08:25:58 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I've finally got the Cygwin version of PostgreSQL/PostGIS built - yay!.
I used the DLLIMPORT command in cost.h, and ran "make clean" before
trying the build a second time (this was the small detail I was unaware
of all along).  Now I've got another error that occurs when I try to run
the postgis.sql file after the createlang:

psql:postgis.sql:249: ERROR: stat failed on file '$libdir/postgis.dll':
No such file or directory

Yes, the DLL is in C:\cygwin\lib, but clearly there's something I'm
missing.  I've got the PGLIB variable set in my environment settings (in
WinXP).but that doesn't seem to matter in this case.

Any suggestions?

Mike