[postgis-users] index update

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at ci.boston.ma.us
Fri Jun 20 06:17:11 PDT 2003

I don't think you need to drop and rebuild the index.  The new entries will
be indexed.

It's a good idea to vacuum analyze the database every so often anyway to
purge old junk and rebuild statistics.

If you are loading a lot of data though - you may want to drop the index,
load the data and then readd the index.  I think that runs a lot faster (but
I could be wrong).