AW: [postgis-users] psql2shp on two tables to get one shapefile.. .

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Thu Jun 26 00:15:31 PDT 2003

Nick,

you can use ogr2ogr delivered with the GDAL/OGR Library. With ogr2ogr is is
very easy to create output shapes joined from two or more tables due to the
-sql option.

Example:

ogr2ogr -f 'ESRI Shapefile' <shapefilename> PG:'dbname= user= host=' -sql
'<your SQL query to join the tables>' -nln <shapefilename>

Horst