[postgis-users] AddGeometryColumn type GEOMETRY raises error

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Wed Mar 19 05:11:34 PST 2003

If I try to add a geometry column with type is GEOMETRY I get this error:

psql:../scripts/create_main_tables.sql:15: ERROR:  Invalid type name - valid
ones are:
GEOMETRY,GEOMETRYCOLLECTION,POINT,MULTIPOINT,POLYGON,MULTIPOLYGON,LINESTRING,
or MULTILINESTRING

Though I really specified 'GEOMTERY' as type:
SELECT AddGeometryColumn('indo_mof_gis', 'hph', 'hph_geom', -1, 'GEOMETRY', 2
);

Did I overlook something?
With any other of the possible types everything works OK.

Regards,