[postgis-users] Which Version of postgresql/postgis

Benjamin Thelen benjamin.thelen at ccgis.de
Mon Mar 24 10:41:23 PST 2003

Hi,

another question and thanks to all for your help!
I am not sure whether I can use PostgreSQL 7.3.x with postgis. It is
said on the homepage, that " Version 7.3.X of PostgreSQL is now
supported, although explicit support for "schemas" has not been added
yet", but I found in some postings, that it could be better to use
PostgreSQL 7.2.x. I don't know what schemas are. Do I need schemas?

I would use, just to be sure to do the right thing, PostgreSQL 7.2.4
with Postgis 0.7.4. But if it is ok, I would install PostgreSQL 7.3.x.
So what should I install?

Thanks in Advance
Benjamin