[postgis-users] Re: PostGIS installer for Windows

Steffen Macke sdteffen at web.de
Fri Nov 14 14:43:04 PST 2003

Hi Marc-Andre,

the PostGIS installer writes it's progress and error messages in a number
of log files in the

c:\cygwin\tmp

folder. Could you analyze these log files or send them to me for analysis?

Which version of the installer did you use?
Which Cygwin PostgreSQL version did you install?
Is your Windows 2000 installed in c:\winnt ?

> How could I check, with some cygwin commands, if the dcmms database has
> been successfully installed?

If one of the services is not installed, there is no chance that the database
is installed successfully.

Steffen