[postgis-users] drawQuery with Mapserver 4.0.1

Damian Schroder map_surfer at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 06:48:02 PST 2003

I have created a mapserver application that has a
postgis layer. Everything works perfectly, with the
exception of on mapsever method drawQuery() and it
only fails randomly (that is, it works partly). I'm
not sure if it is a problem with mapserver or some
performance issue with my table.

I did receive some advice with this problem before:
check the mapserver_ChangeLog.txt for updates. I did,
and saw some changes I thought might be relevant. I
downloaded mapserver 4.0.1 (current stable version)
compiled and tested only to get the same results.

So, I started from scratch
1. insured USE_STATS = 1 (in makefile)
2. created new database ran postgis.sql
3. loaded table
4. CREATE INDEX x_index ON x_table USING GIST
(the_geom GIST_GEOMETRY_OPS );
5. VACUUM ANALYZE;
6. CREATE INDEX x_table_oid_idx ON x_table (oid);
7. VACUUM ANALYZE;
8. SELECT UPDATE_GEOMETRY_STATS();
9. VACUUM ANALYZE;

the HISTOGRAM2D has what appears to be the extents
followed by lots of 0's and some integers mixed in
here and there (not really sure what I should be
seeing).

It is IMPORTANT to note. I ALWAYS get the results from
a query, regardless of records queried. The only
problem exist when drawing the query map.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks, Damian