[postgis-users] Will someone compile PostGIS 0.8.0 and PostgreSQL 7.4 for Win32 and want to share it?

Steffen Macke sdteffen at web.de
Tue Nov 25 01:50:10 PST 2003

Hello All,

> mind users, who do not know how to do all of it ;-) Compiled from PostGIS
> 0.8.0 and PostgreSQL 7.4. If it is possible to make Win32 binary
> distribution of these two SW, of course.

I've just build GEOS 1.0 and PostGIS 0.8.0 for Cygwin PostgreSQL 7.4 and I'm
willing to provide an installer for those.

However, I wasn't able to link postgres.exe against libstdc++. Is this
required for Cygwin? Could someone give me instructions how to do so or how
to test for the original problem?

I didn't have the time to test PostGIS/GEOS
extensively, intersection() works.

The Cygwin PostGIS installer v0.7.5 did not include proj support - are there
installer users interested in proj support?

Steffen