[postgis-users] Problems with database creation

Daniel Vencler daniel at geofoto.hr
Tue Oct 21 01:49:41 PDT 2003

	Hi,
I am new to PostGIS and I have problem with database creation.
I have PostgreSQL 7.3.4 and PostGIS 0.7.5.

I have tried to create database like it is written in README.postgis but
when I do "psql -d TestGIS -f postgis.sql"
I get following errors:
NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type histogram2d is not yet defined
NOTICE:  Argument type "histogram2d" is only a shell
NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type box3d is not yet defined
NOTICE:  Argument type "box3d" is only a shell
NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type spheroid is not yet defined
NOTICE:  Argument type "spheroid" is only a shell
NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type wkb is not yet defined
NOTICE:  Argument type "wkb" is only a shell
NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type chip is not yet defined
NOTICE:  Argument type "chip" is only a shell
NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type geometry is not yet defined
NOTICE:  Argument type "geometry" is only a shell
'spatial_ref_sys_pkey' for table 'spatial_ref_sys'
'geometry_columns_pk' for table 'geometry_columns'

Of course prior to loading postgis.sql I did
createdb TestGIS
createlang plpgsql TestGIS

What am I doing wrong? Thanks to advance.

					Best regards,
					Daniel Vencler