[postgis-users] NZMG/lat long srid value?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Sun Apr 11 14:41:45 PDT 2004

If you are going to memorize any EPSG code, let it be 4326, as it is
used as a default SRS for many OpenGIS web service specifications.

   SELECT * FROM SPATIAL_REF_SYS WHERE SRID = 4326;

The spatial_ref_sys.sql file appears to have definitions for some NZ
stuff, but not all the new ones I found in the proj epsg file.

   SELECT * FROM SPATIAL_REF_SYS WHERE SRTEXT LIKE '%Zealand%';

On Sunday, April 11, 2004, at 02:06 PM, Wood Brent wrote:

> I'm new to postgis, and have data in NZMG (New Zealand Map Grid) - not
> the
> newer NZGD2000, as well as lat/long coords using spheroid WGS84 (like
> GPS
> data).
>

> I have used proj to convert between these in the past, so assume I can
> in
> PostGIS.
>
> Can someone let me know what the srid values are for these, or how to
> find out?

      Paul Ramsey
      Refractions Research
      Email: pramsey at refractions.net