[postgis-users] views on tables with geometry

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Mon Apr 19 09:29:19 PDT 2004

Views are fine.  Geometry_columns, as you note, are needed by some
applications and may even be required for an application to use the OGC
spec (?anyone?).  I use views a lot, but if you plan on doing processing
of data and large queries, you'll find creating intermediate tables will
boost performance.

Tyler

postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net wrote on 04/15/2004 10:26:12
AM: