[postgis-users] Re: postgis-users Digest, Vol 18, Issue 30

Brent Owens bowens at refractions.net
Mon Apr 19 10:53:39 PDT 2004

>Hello all

>I have installed JUMP 1.1.1 and the postgis driver jars in the lib/ext
>directory. The README.txt says
>For installation instructions see doc/INSTALL.txt. But there is no doc
>directory. Any ideas anyone ?

>Thanks

>Chris

The most up to date version of the postgis driver in in CVS. You can find out how to connect to it at http://postgis.refractions.net/download.php
The CVS version has the install docs.

All the install doc says is:
1. Copy [jumppostgis installation direcory]/lib/jumppostgis.jar to :

     [JUMP installation directory]/lib/ext/

2. Copy [jumppostgis installation directory]/lib/pg73jdbc2.jar to :

     [JUMP installation directory]/lib/

So from what you said you have done so far, it looks like you have the PostGIS driver installed.

I will try to update the download version on the web page to be the most recent version from cvs.

Brent Owens
Refractions Research Inc.
(250) 383-3022