[postgis-users] ESRI and PostGis

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Wed Aug 11 16:54:58 PDT 2004

OpenEV (http://openev.sourceforge.net/) is your best bet.  If you get it
then you can also get the ogr2ogr conversion tool which will take
shapefiles and convert them into/out of various vector formats including
PostGIS.  I used it all the time and use the OpenEV_FW version from:
http://dl.maptools.org/dl/gdal/openev/OpenEV_FW_174.zip (for windows).  I
unzip it onto c: (creates c:\openev_fw) and then run openev.bat.  You can
create new shapefile layers quite easily.  Sign onto the openev mailing
list to get more help.

Tyler

postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net wrote on 08/11/2004 08:49:03
AM: