[postgis-users] shp2pgsql (php)

Paul Scott paul at in2one.co.za
Tue Dec 28 23:44:02 PST 2004

Hope you all had a good holiday!

I have written a shapefile dumper function in PHP using shp2pgsql that
basically goes through a directory of files and inserts them all into a
postgis db, and then writes a log file for each shapefile (for error
checking).

I am planning on making a PHP class to handle a bunch of functions for
creating db's, populating them and doing some other basic stuff, which I
will release on the phpclasses.org site. I would also like to include
some functions to create a UMN Mapserver .map file to use the data
automagically for "regular" users that don't need to know the
intricacies of postgis, mapserver and php to set up a quick app. i.e.
The users will be able to fill out a webform, upload their data in shp
format and in a few minutes have a ready to go mapserver app.

If anyone is interested in the code that I have written so far, or would
like to help out on this project, please contact me.

--Paul
--
Linux User #348957