[postgis-users] java and postgis: your suggestions and ideas

Seamus Thomas Carroll carrolls at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon Feb 2 22:39:03 PST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to create a java application that reads from a postgis
database and displays requested layers.

For the past two weeks I have been working with the GISToolKitEditor
changing it to suite my needs.  I did some testing today where I add a few
layers from the database and zoom in.  As I zoom in closer a specific
layer begins to distort or disappear.  It is not a postgis issue because i
have tried reading directly from the shape file and the error remains.  It
is not a specific issue with my application because the GISToolkitEditor
creates the same error.  Using arcview the error does not occur.

This all leads me to believe that I have found a bug with the GISToolkit
but there does not seem to be an active community.  My two questions are:
1) Does anyone know who to contact about bugs with the GISToolkit Library?
I have looked throught website and have not found contact information or
user groups.

2) I may be forced to change java libraries so can anyone recommend a
different java library that I can use as a stand alone tool?

I have other suggestions and question but I have not recieved a response
to my first question on the GISToolkit Sourceforge website.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or ideas on this matter.

Thankyou,

Seamus