[postgis-users] Redhat 9 Help

David TECHER davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 4 08:02:12 PST 2004

 Hi Jeremy

You have said
for geos and proj:
configure, make, make install

for postgresql 7.4.1
./configure
 --enable-multibyte --with-CXX --prefix=/usr
 --sysconfdir=/etc
 --docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-$version

then

 make

for postgis

make install

> I get problems with the creation of a postgis
> database. For some reason the
> system cannot find postgis.sql or
> spatial_ref_sys.sql it had to explicitly
> enter the path to the contrib folder and when I ran
> the postgis.sql on the
> database it came up lots of - "ERROR: current
> transaction is aborted,
> queries ignored until end of transaction"

Didn't you forget to do for postgis

make

before

make install

Furthermore, I am on Windows with cygwin and I use

LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ ./configure --enable-multibyte
--with-CXX --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
--docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-$version

in order to not have problem with postgresql and geos