[postgis-users] compiling postgis with VC6

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Feb 5 07:27:17 PST 2004

GEOS was originally developed w/ VC++, should work relatively easily
(small changes).
Proj is regularly compiled w/ VC++ for distribution with Win32
mapserver.
PostGIS probably won't ever be compiled w/ VC++. The Win32 postgresql
support (should be in 7.5) is being done with MinGW, and we will make
sure we can compile under that when it is ready. Should work fine.