[postgis-users] installing PostGIS

David TECHER davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 6 01:37:47 PST 2004

Hi Natalia

You must go to the folder whe you have decompressed
postgresql and not in /usr/share/postgresql

for example if you have decompressed postgresql-7.4 at
/usr/src/postgresql-7.4

then

cd /usr/src/postgresql-7.4

however these means that you have downloaded
postgresql-.7.4.tar.gz and done

tar xvzf postgresql-.7.4.tar.gz