[postgis-users] Change in WKB format between V 0.7.5 and V 0.8.1?

Richard Taylor rjt-postgis-users at thegrindstone.me.uk
Wed Feb 11 09:55:28 PST 2004

Hi

Has there been a change in the WKB format between PostGIS 0.7.5 and 0.8.1.

I look after a Python WKB parser and noticed that the mask required for
deciding whether a geometry is 2d or 3d has changed from 0x8000 to
0x80000000.

Was this change documented anywhere? Are there any other changes to the WKB
format that might cause a problem to the parser. Is there a version flag that
I can check to test which of the mask values I should be useing?

Many thanks,

Richard

You can normally find me on Jabber as RichardTaylor at jabber.org