[postgis-users] pg7.4.1 performance problem

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Feb 18 10:44:05 PST 2004

> select update_geometry_stats();
>
> Make sure your column is in the geometry_columns table.
>
> When you "select * from geometry_columns;" you should see a big
> histogram2d in there.
>
> Also, when you do an "EXPLAIN ANAYLSE ..." you should see the predicted
> # of rows to be 'close to' the actual number of rows.

Thanks guys, I've get it working now too.  I'll note, for the record, that
update_geometry_stats() goes through all the entries in the
geometry_columns table.  READ: If you have entries in the table for tables
that no longer exist (or have a different geometry column name!!), you'll
have to clean up your geometry_columns table to match reality first.

Tyler