[postgis-users] strange beahviuors by GEOS

James S reid james.reid at ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 01:05:09 PST 2004

hi again - thanks for replying - I had a thought overnight and decided to check the input data by dumping the loaded shapefiles and its heer the problem lies - the correct number of recorsd are reported in teh tables and by the loade/dumper but taking the orignal shapefile, loading it then dumping it to a new shapefile reveals that the .shp itself is funny and causes the generic 'segmentation violation' in av3.1 and has lots of offshoots and strange polys in AV8. ive attached a zipfielof teh original shapefile and the dumped one (nuts2.shp).

I guess its to do with being a multipolygon with holes and islands but Im not sure how to proceed to get the data loaded properly ???

cheers

james