[postgis-users] geos result sets

James S reid james.reid at ed.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 01:08:50 PST 2004

hi  - thanks and I appreciate that your times at a premium - Ive checked
that the geoms are valid and run the follwing sql (2 tables 1=large
poly,1=small polys (8 polys):

test=# select small.* into temp from small,large where
within(small.the_geom,large.the_geom) = TRUE;

dumping temp gives sthe GEOS result set seen in the screenshot attached
(along with the sql load files for the original shapes).

as you can see - AV gets all eight polys and GEOS only the seven?

Im I missing something or is there a bug?

cheers

james