[postgis-users] Problem installing PostGIS 0.8 against Postgres 7.4

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Mon Jan 12 09:29:45 PST 2004

I throw out a few ideas that come to mind:
- Are the dependencies already built: geos, proj?  Since postgis_transform
is complaining, perhaps you don't have proj4 installed already.
- Can you confirm the URL or location of the postgis package you have?
- Can you confirm the version / source of the postgresql package you've got
running and the version you are compiling against?
- I've found an obscure problem with building some application when I have
the source code located on a mounted drive other than my main drives
holding my libraries, etc.  This came to mind when I saw your error because
you start getting strange parse errors.  If you are on another mounted
drive, you simply have to change a mount parameter, or move the source
somewhere else (i.e. /tmp ).

Tyler

postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net wrote on 01/12/2004 01:24:26
AM:

> Hey alll...
>
> I am having difficulty installing PostGIS from the /contrib
> directory under my Postgres source tree. I have run make and make
> install and have postgres up and running, but when I try the make on
> the PostGIS directory I get the following:
>
> [root at Molly postgis-0.8.0]# make
> gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-
> declarations -g -fexceptions   -I. -DFRONTEND -
> DSYSCONFDIR='"/usr/local/pgsql//etc"'  -DUSE_VERSION=74 -
> I/usr/local/include/geos -DUSE_GEOS -I/usr/local/include -DUSE_PROJ
> -DUSE_STATS -fpic -I../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o
> postgis_debug.o postgis_debug.c
> cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
"/usr/local/include"
> cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
directory
> postgis_debug.c: In function `lockcheck':
> postgis_debug.c:310: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
> gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-
<snIP>
> declaration of `make_project'
> postgis_transform.c:55: warning: data definition has no type or storage
class
> postgis_transform.c:59: parse error before '*' token
> postgis_transform.c:64: parse error before '*' token
> postgis_transform.c:67: warning: no previous prototype for
> `pj_transform_nodatum'
> postgis_transform.c: In function `pj_transform_nodatum':
> postgis_transform.c:71: `pj_errno' undeclared (first use in this
function)
> postgis_transform.c:71: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> postgis_transform.c:71: for each function it appears in.)
> postgis_transform.c:73: `point_offset' undeclared (first use in
thisfunction)
<snip>