[postgis-users] Loading Large Datasets

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Fri Jul 9 09:02:51 PDT 2004

I'm not sure if this applies to your situation or not but I recommend
using the ogr2ogr utility from:
http://gdal.maptools.org/ogr/
which can basically import numerous types directly into PostGIS.  I use
this instead of creating intermediate SQL files from other utilities
(though even with shp2pgsql you can pipe | it into psql directly and
forego creating 3GB text files :)

Tyler

postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net wrote on 07/09/2004 06:09:34
AM: