[postgis-users] LWGEOM -- initial lwgeom.h file

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Mon Mar 1 17:20:12 PST 2004

I quickly put together a lwgeom.h file so you could see what the lwgeom
type will look like and the basic API for it.

If folks could take a look and give me some feedback, I'll incorporate
your suggestions.

As I note in the header, the "get" functions for the LWGEOM might be
slow, so we might want to make an "analysed lwgeom" that pre-computes
the position of the actual sub-geometries.

typedef struct
{
	char    *serialized_form;
	char    **subgeometries;
	int     numSubGeometries;
} LWGEOM_analysed;

and :

lwgeom_getsubgeometry(serialized_form, n) ==
<LWGEOM_analysed>.subgeometries[n]

dave
ps. C really sucks compared to C++ and Java!