[postgis-users] Who is Using PostGIS?

Klaus Foerster klaus.foerster at uibk.ac.at
Mon Mar 8 05:21:48 PST 2004

> Who are you?
Klaus Förster and I'm working for the Tirol Atlas project

> What are you using PostGIS for?
storing, querying and delivering map geometry in svg. here's some work
in progress http://tirolatlas.uibk.ac.at/maps/topo/postgis.html

> Why did you choose PostGIS?
we're using postgresql and needed a way to work with geometry as well, so
it was obvious to choose postgis. besides that it fits perfectly into our
open standards concept with a strong focus on opensource software and tools.

> What makes you happy about your PostGIS installation?
there has been a lot of progress within last year's PostGIS development.
the above shown examples wouldn't work without it. thanks.

> What makes you unhappy about your PostGIS installation?
upgrading and the lack of AsSvg() in the standard setup ;)

thanks for your efforts

Klaus