[postgis-users] && operator memory leak

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Mon Mar 8 10:40:32 PST 2004

Carl Anderson wrote:

> Is anyone actively working on the memory leak in the gist && operator.
> Or can anyone give me a heads up start point?

This is the first report I've got for a memory leak in &&.

I reviewed the code, and there was a very subtle leak in
ggeometry_consistent().  I've fixed it and attached it to this message.
  Give it a try and check to see:

1. you get the same results
2. it doesnt use as much memory
3. it might even be a wee bit faster!

I tested it here, and my query went from 500mb to 64mb.

If it works for you, I'll commit the change.

dave