[postgis-users] Who is Using PostGIS?

Steffen Macke sdteffen at web.de
Mon Mar 8 09:00:35 PST 2004

>     Who are you?

Steffen Macke, DORSCH Consult

>     What are you using PostGIS for?

Geospatial backend for the DC Maintenance Management System
(DCMMS, http://dcmms.sourceforge.net)
We've deployed DCMMS in various locations in Jordan, Burkina Faso, Yemen
and soon Syria.

>     Why did you choose PostGIS?

It's free, allows to build multi-user web applications, multi-platform

>     What makes you happy about your PostGIS installation?

Stability, low disk usage and memory footprint.

>     What makes you unhappy about your PostGIS installation?

Unhappy might be the wrong wording, but I would like to see
native win32 support (further simplifying the installation process)
and better editing functionality e.g. in JUMP (table calculator,
table diff, editing that allows to maintain line/node topology)

Steffen