[postgis-users] Who is Using PostGIS?

oirraza at mendoza.gov.ar oirraza at mendoza.gov.ar
Mon Mar 8 13:20:18 PST 2004

> Who are you?
     Orlando Irrazabal.
     System Administrator and GIS Programmer in Direccion Provincial de
Catastro of province Mendoza, Argentina.

> What are you using PostGIS for?

     Actually is testing tools for a new cadastral information system. I am
working with MapServer, GeoServer, Jump and ESRI ArcGis. I using
PostgreSQL/PostGIS for store geometry and alphanumeric information for one
million parcelas.

> What makes you happy about your PostGIS installation?

     It's free and works well.

> What makes you unhappy about your PostGIS installation?

      I need support for editing in ESRI ArcGis or other good edit tool.
The information i use is very dynamic and require much edition tasks.

Thanks!!! and sorry for my bad english.

Orlando Irrazabal