[postgis-users] Who is Using PostGIS?

oscar.gomez at telvent.abengoa.com oscar.gomez at telvent.abengoa.com
Tue Mar 9 02:29:29 PST 2004

In order to support linear referencing, the database should be able to
store M values for each vertex, which mean measures along a line.

ArcSDE supports, for each vertex, X, Y, Z and M values.

Regards.

Oscar Gomez
IT Consultant
Telvent, Spain

Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net>
Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net>
09/03/2004 03:57
Enviado por: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
Por favor, responda a PostGIS Users Discussion

Destinatarios:        PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>
cc:
Asunto:        Re: [postgis-users] Who is Using PostGIS?

Randy Goss wrote:

>>  What makes you unhappy about your PostGIS installation?
>
> Lack of decent integration with ArcGIS.  And, while I'm at it, it would
> be nice to have linear referencing capability.

The first one I have to lay at ESRI's feet :)
But the second one is intriguing -- what database capabilities do you
think are necessary to support linear referencing? What we are really
missing in the linear referencing side is any kind of design direction.
What does "linear referencing support" really mean from a database
perspective?

--
       __
      /