[postgis-users] cygwin installer : how to change data directory

Sandy Pyke spyke555 at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 9 13:22:35 PST 2004

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't this do the trick? :

postmaster -D PATH

Where PATH = your desired path to data?

So if you want to use C:\pgsql\data you would use:

postmaster -D /cygdrive/c/pgsql/data -i

Note that I've found the -i switch to be required under cygwin.

Hope that helps.

Sandy

http://www.drdc-rddc.gc.ca

---