[postgis-users] PostGIS hosting?

Craig Miller craig.miller at spatialminds.com
Tue Mar 23 20:12:28 PST 2004

I would like to note that WebAppCabaret said they would be happy to add the
PostGIS extensions.  They are a very reliable hosting provider which I have
used in the past.  My only problem with WebAppCabaret, and others like them,
is that they seriously charge for disk space used.  I have a low bandwidth,
high disk space requirement.  Since most providers don't have a plan for
this out of the box, I have had little luck crafting an affordable hosting
plan.  Nearly every PostgreSQL hosting provider has been willing to install
the PostGIS extensions to PostgreSQL for me.  The rest of the stuff I am
just setting up myself.

So the real goal, isn't finding someone who will do it, it is finding
someone who will do it for a reasonable price.  Specifically, not
overcharging for disk space usage.

I am negotiating with a couple of people and if it works out, I will let
everyone here know.

--Craig