[postgis-users] Can I Clip Layers?

Darren Houston dhouston at beyondcompliance.ca
Wed Mar 24 22:31:33 PST 2004

Hello everyone,

I need to know if you can clip a "layer" with a BOX3D in PostGIS. I have a
water network (multilines and multipolygons) with some of the spatial entities
included in the BOX3D running over the extents of the BOX3D. I must show these
spatial entities up to the BOX3D, but no more. For those of you familiar, I
need this to work just like the clip function in ArcGIS.

I would have researched this on my own, but a client just re-scheduled the
demo for this Friday, instead of next Wednesday. There goes my weekend (and
sleep)!

Thank you for any help,

Darren H.